Thursday, April 9, 2009

The wonders of East L.A.

Now that my introduction to this catastrophe is complete i suppose its time to start "blogging".  Currently I am sitting at the far end of an extra large truck stop parking lot, in a suburb of L.A., called Ontario. So far today has progressed rather well, considering I am actually writing. Although this morning was not very pleasant, being woken up at 5 am to my co-driver telling me to move the bottom bunk.(incase you didnt know trucks have bunks called sleeper berths, and as a safety precaution while the truck is in motion you cant be in the top bunk) Having to move at all at the time of the morning is a challenging feat for me. But having to climb down out of the bunk just seemed impossible. It took a while but I finally managed to achieve the task. By the time I laid down in the bottom bunk my Co-driver Stephen was asking me for directions. At this point I knew it was hopeless to even attempt sleeping. And So I've been up ever since. Our Unload this morning was a nightmare, directly in the middle of East L.A., if any of you are familiar with the movie born in East L.A. you know what I am talking about. Dirty, Cramped, Crowded and very mexican. Not that I have anything against Mexican and Latinos alike, its just there is a very large language gap. Its extremely hard to communicate directions and important information. And damn it if the only Spanish I know is very inappropriate for that kind of communicating. I cant just walk up to the guy and say "Como Esta Punta". It would most likely make the conversation even harder.Although I will give them one thing, they can make some magical Mcdonalds. Brandon knows what i mean. j/k. (take no offense to any of this). Needless to say we managed to back in, a terribly hard maneuver, and get unloaded. Once unloaded we headed to this T/A truck stop. And here I sit. Waiting. Our next load picks up tonight at 1 am and brings us across the country to New Jersey. So close to home. If all goes well I will be home in Virginia Tuesday. What a blessing that will be. But sadly this will be the last time for awhile. I wont be venturing home in May because my little brother is graduating high school. And this is a big event in my immediate family. Out of the three brothers he will be the only one to graduate from formal high school, and attend college. The little prick. I love him more for it. I do hope i can make it. Plus it would be nice to see the town I grew up in again. The land of the Yoopers. The trademark mark name for those who live in the Upper Peninsula, and parts of Northern Wisconsin. After this event I will have the chance to go home the following month. So bare with me Virginia we will be seeing each other again on occasion. I plan on being on the road for at least a year. This will be difficult, but beneficial to me and my future. I just want everyone to know that I love you and miss the piss out of all of you. I want everyone to keep in contact with me while I am out here, it gets lonelier than hell for someone like me on the road. Granted I am in a hell of a good position for it, no real possessions and no relationships. But I myself do need some love from time to time. So girls don't be afraid to talk dirty to me. End. 

No comments:

Post a Comment